Know how to choose the best headphones for hearing aids users in 5 effective ways
We all know that most of the people who are suffering from hearing loss, be it of minor or major one, you need to use headphones for hearing aid wearers from we bought from this review to understand usually and live a healthy life.
Your hearing aid is a device that you wear in your ear in various ways to aid or resolve understanding issues. These hearing aids receive vibration artificially and help you to listen generally like any other hearing enabled person.
This is to wear in your ear, around the ear or on the ear.
Now, we also know that often due to situation or for your field of work or to pass your leisure time, you do want to use a headphone which allows you to listen to your piece of thing only by yourself and to listen carefully, if it’s any assignment or item, you need to hear clearly. Often, it is also noticed that if there is a headphone in use, many of us can listen to different things being in the same place. Such an example is the Silent Disco.
How to go about choosing the best headphones?
This tutorial will give you an overview of how to choose your headphones when you are a hearing aid user. Sometimes what happens is that, when you need an item to purchase to use, you speed up your action and you miss out on the information of the product types and guidelines.
We will try to accumulate the information in this one tutorial, which will help you to get a holistic overview to make your choice the best suit for yourself. So the tutorial shows you the following, to teach you how to choose your headphones when you are a hearing aid user.
- How to analyse your hearing aid position.
- How to understand your hearing function
- How to know which headphone your Hearing Aid supports
- How to know the right way to wear your headphones along with your hearing aid
- How to find your suitable headphone for your budget.
The Top steps to Finding the Best Headphones for Hearing Aids
If you really understand your hearing aid position, hearing aid function and how your hearing aid pairs with a specific type of headphone, to know the headphone wearing process, and to choose in your budget you will not be misguided. And as a result, you will not end up buying a mismatched headphone. We will define and state how to bring in use these 5 practical ways to choose your headphone when using the hearing aid.
There are different types of hearing aid such as Invisible In The Ear(IIC), Completely In Canal(CIC), In The Canal(ITC), In The Ear(ITE), Receiver In Canal(RIC) & Behind The Ear(BTE).
How to analyse your Hearing Aid position?
- Invisible In The Canal (IITC) – This custom fitted style, which means an ear mould is separately made customised according to the user’s ear shape, size, and anatomy. This is inserted farther inside the ear canal which is not the same in other styles. This type is used against mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Entirely In Canal (CIC) – This style is also made with a user or buyer customization. This is to wear in the entrance of the canal and elongates till, inside the channel, only a tiny handle pops outside and is visible; this is for inserting and removing the hearing aid. This type of hearing aid is also used for mild to moderate hearing loss.
- In The Canal (ITC) – This type is worn to fit in the entrance of the ear canal, and with a little part of it being visible outside. This is used for mild to mildly severe hearing loss.
- In The Ear (ITE) – This is also custom made and worn in the outer part of the ear. Very well visible from the outside. This type is used for mild to severe hearing loss.
- Receiver In Canal (RIC) – This kind of hearing aid is hardly seen from outside; in this, a receiver is inserted in the ear canal connected to a thin wire. This is used for mild to moderate hearing loss.
6. Behind The Ear (BTE) – This type is found in a casing which rests behind your ear and is always visible. This type is used for moderate to severe hearing loss.
How to analyse your Hearing Aid function?
- Invisible In The Canal (IITC) – This type is used against mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Entirely In Canal (CIC) – This type of hearing aid is also used for mild to moderate hearing loss.
- In The Canal (ITC) – This is used for mild to mildly severe hearing loss.
- In The Ear (ITE) – This type is used for mild to severe hearing loss.
- Receiver In Canal (RIC) – This is used for mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Behind The Ear (BTE) – This type is used for moderate to severe hearing loss.
How to know which Headphone supports your Hearing Aid
There are again different kind of manufacturer made of headphone which is different from each other by their shape, size and functions. An overview of such differences alongside the types is as follows.
Bone Conducting Headphones – Bone-conducting headphones enable you to hear sound through the cheekbones and jawbones. Suitable for those who are wearing the hearing aid in the outer ear or inside the ear canal. Hearing Aids that best suits this headphone are:-
a. In the ear (ITE)
b. In the canal (ITC)
c. Entirely in the canal (CIC)
d. Invisible in the canal (IITC)
On-Ear Headphones – On-Ear headphones are designed with an opening in the center of the headphone for the sound to come and sits on the ITE hearing aid. Best fit hearing aids for this headphone will be:-
a. Entirely in a canal (CIC)
b. Invisible in the canal (IITC)
c. A receiver in a canal (RIC)
Over-Ear Headphones – These headphones are used best for noise cancellation which helps your ear to get the needful sound only and prevents your hearing from damage. This type matches with the following hearing aids:-
a. In the ear (ITE)
b. In the canal (ITE)
c. Behind the ear (BTE)
d. A receiver in a canal (RIC)
How to know the right way to wear your Headphones along with your Hearing Aid?
When you wear your headphone with your hearing aid, you must adjust the volume for the correct amount of sound to enter your ear through the hearing aid. Which will assure your devices to be fit for a long time and no damage to the hearing will be caused.
Finding your suitable Headphone in your Budget
There are three different types of headphones available and used for different types of hearing aid users. Choose your headphone type and ask online or offline stores for the most suitable headphones in your budget.
So, keep all the factors mentioned above in your mind while choosing headphones being a hearing aid user. As you are already having an issue of hearing loss, it is advised to think technically before buying.